On the eve of the Day of the complete liberation of Leningrad from the fascist blockade, the participants of the project “Multidimensionality of Culture” visited the Lenreserve Museum.
On January 24, 2022, the Lenreserve Museum hosted an inclusive excursion for the participants of the “Multidimensionality of Culture” project.
Participants of the project “Multidimensionality of culture” are young people with special needs of vision, hearing and movement. The tour introduced the participants to the collection of cars, military equipment, which was in service in 1941-45 with the Soviet Union and Hitler's Germany. In the hall, where a collection of automatic weapons of those times is collected, the project participants were able to try on combat helmets and hold rifles in their hands.
“Multidimensionality of Culture” is a new socio-cultural project that has been implemented by the Institute for Cultural Programs since January 2022. The aim of the project is to attract young people aged 16 to 35 with special needs to visit cultural institutions in St. Petersburg on a regular basis.
The most important tasks of the project are:
- Socialization of people with special needs;
- Creation a comfortable environment in cultural organizations;
- Adaptation of the existing infrastructure and development of cultural programs to receive visitors with disabilities;
- Creation of specially designed activities that promote communication with healthy peers;
- Involvement of volunteers into inclusive projects;
- Improving the professional skills of employees of cultural organizations to work with people with disabilities